February 18, 2013

The Master Bedroom: Before and Progress

Finallllllly. We're not completely done, but the only thing left to do in our bedroom is decorate. And furniture. Okay, okay, all we really have is a bed, but at least the painting is done!
 
Let me just say this room was really hard work...the sheer size alone made installing trim, caulking and painting take forever and we also installed five new windows and four new doors. The color came out darker than we were expecting, but I still love it and it's calming and relaxing, which is perfect for a bedroom. So let's take a look at some pictures, shall we?
 
Here is the room when we first bought the house (I stole these from my House Tour page - sorry):



 
Between then and the photo below we put in 'smooth' ceilings and installed crown molding. Below we were in the midst of nailing in the quarter-round and I had a few paint samples on the wall:


After the new windows and freshly painted trim:


 

 
And now......The color again is Benjamin Moore's Saybrook Sage:




As I said before, the room still needs practically everything...so I made a list:

  • Headboard
  • Nightstands
  • Curtains
  • Artwork/Frames
  • Long dresser
  • Tall dresser
  • Standing mirror
  • Rug
  • Bench/stool for foot of the bed
That's all I can remember for now. Our main concern is getting the nursery finished and the rest of the house done before coming back into this room to round it out. Meanwhile, I have been checking Craigslist for any good furniture.

2 comments:

  1. what color and brand is the wall paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wall paint. What colour and brand is it?

    ReplyDelete