November 15, 2011

Weekend Recap: On the Move

Saturday morning Brian and I headed to an estate sale in Kennesaw that advertised having some records. Boy, did they ever - we bought nineteen records for a dollar a piece. The house had an amazing collection of antique furniture, but I was too focused to remember to take pictures...oops.

By the early afternoon we were headed to Scott Antique Market. I had heard so much about it and was really curious as to how it would live up. My review is this: don't go unless you are looking for something particular and don't go expecting to find anything cheap. By cheap, I mean regular-people-cheap, not rich Atlantians who think a $500 dresser is a bargain. We were more 'at home' in the outdoor flea-market-ish area (where we even scored two records) and I almost took home a $5 wicker chair.

These old windows would make amazing mirrors. $95 a piece is a little steep:


My favorite section of the market: dilapidated furniture just begging for a second chance:


I'm not too sure what these are...but I want one:


Hard to see, but these were reindeer made of tree trunks and branches. We were thiiiis close to buying one:


Super cool idea:


Those half-moon windows in the back were to-die-for:


I need this life preserver - especially because it says Galicia:


These would make wonderful lights in my guest room:


This was probably the fifth tripod-lamp we had seen - talk about a trend!


Looooved these guys:


On Sunday I decided to take a drive over to Ikea and buy some frames for my gallery wall project. Who would have thought I would find the perfect mirror for my rope mirror project! They even have two different sizes to choose from:



Last, but not lease, I stopped by the Grant Park Farmer's Market and had the most amazing fried apple pie, curtsey of this place.


To top off those adventures, we had some progress on the stairs:



Next up, we hope to finish up the railing, install the balusters and prime the damn thing already.


No comments:

Post a Comment