November 16, 2011

Brainstorm: Gallery Wall

Throughout our big staircase makeover, I've probably looked at tons of images from google and Pinterest (holy addicting) and while staring at all those treads, risers, balusters and railings, my brain also started to notice how people were actually decorating their stairwells. Right off the bat, I knew I wanted to do some type of gallery wall going up the left side of the stairs, above the new wainscoting. My parent's have frames alongside their stairs and Brian's dad created an amazing gallery wall that encompassed their back staircase. That being said, our house is small and we don't want it to feel cluttered. I'm a huge fan of matching, symmetrical design, but I still wanted to mix things up. Here are some ideas I've stolen from the world wide web:

My favorite color scheme so far. The blueish-teal would tie in perfectly with our pillows and I love how clean and de-cluttered it looks.



I love the mix of letters and objects in this design:


The painting detail in this photo is genius. I've been trying to figure out where I can work this into our home.


We already own a letter "M" just like this (ours is gold) and I would love to incorporate it:


This is the symmetry I was talking about:


That's all I've found so far - I definitely plan on laying out templates (like Young House Love) and making sure we love the layout before making anything permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment