December 21, 2011

Creativity

If you don't already know, my mom is a private chef in Manhattan. Of course she would balk at being called a chef (that only comes with a trained education), but let's just call it what it is. She works for someone Monday through Friday and then caters cocktail parties a few times a month. She has recently learned how to send picture texts (scary) and she sent me this the other day:


It's a realllly bad photo, but she was working on a crudites platter for a party and just magically decided that the tightly wrapped purple cabbage leaves would make great veggie holders! I don't know about you, but my brain does not work that way. When I cook, I like instructions and rules - my creativity does not extend to my kitchen. This just made me realize that although my creativity might show up in different arenas, I definitely 'get it from my mama'.

Check out some more shots from another party she worked on:





No comments:

Post a Comment