July 9, 2013

Amelia's Nursery

I haven't abandoned the blog just yet...it's just that raising and feeding (and don't forget giving birth to) a little human is hard work! The few breaks I get during the day are used for showers, laundry and taking photos of the house has gotten just a little harder. Also, I used to edit my photos with my workplace software...and I'm not going back to work...so let me apologize now for the crappy photos to come. - ha. So, with all that being said, I did find some 'after' nursery photos on my camera.
 
First let's remind ourselves how ugly the room looked when we started. This was my serving as my office, but I had not done one thing to it since we moved in: 
 


 And now for the final reveal! 
 




There are a few things still missing...like the ever-elusive perfect nursery rug and Brian reallllly wants a different light fixture. We were thinking capiz chandelier (which he told me to just bite the bullet and order online) but we all know we better than that and I have a DIY version pinned on Pinterest as we speak. Of course when I will find time for this project is a whole other issue. If anyone is interested, here is the source list:
 
Ottoman/Footrest: Target Threshold Pouf
Mirror & Lamp: HomeGoods
Frames: Assorted from Ikea
Curtains & Crib Skirt: DIY by me (tutorial to come
Dresser Knobs: Hobby Lobby
3-D Wall Butterflies: Etsy

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I came across your blog via your Ikea hack on Pinterest and love it! So I thought I'd give you a tip for a decent online photo editor. I use http://pixlr.com/ to edit photos for my blog. It has an advanced mode but you can do most things in efficient.

    ReplyDelete