February 15, 2012

Score!

Ever hear one of those 'Man Finds Rare Art at Garage Sale' stories? Yeah, I always daydream that I could be that person - especially with all the estate sales I go to. The closest I have come to 'treasure' so far has been finding those cool drawings and letters in a few books. Well, my luck seems to be changing! Remember our Goodwill coffee table? Here he is:



I was never able to find a brand name anywhere on it, so I just gave up trying to figure it out. A few weekends ago I stopped by Finders Keepers Furnishings in Atlanta, and my friend Megan shouts out "Oh. My. God - it's your coffee table!!"



I realize that finding the same table is not that exciting, but what is exciting is the price:


$265.00! At a consignment shop! I've sold things at consignment shops and the sale price is normally half (or less) of what you originally paid and this table was really scratched. We paid twenty two dollars. I love you Goodwill. I still cannot figure out who makes the table, but knowing we got such an amazing deal on an impulse purchase makes me really happy.

Another fun story - yesterday I see this 'pin' come across my Pinterest homepage:


That desk look familiar?


I think it cost me $75 on Craigslist. Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment