December 6, 2011

(More) Random Fun Stuff

First stop in the random adventures of the weekend? Hobby Lobby. While working on the dreaded rope mirror, Hobby Lobby and I became good friends. It's a love/hate relationship though, because I hate that they are closed on Sundays, but they have a great fabric selection and their custom framing cannot be beat. Even though I went in for some foam board, I couldn't help but check out their 'nautical' section. 

These buoys were actually pretty cool and subtle enough without screaming 'check out my nautical bedroom':


This life preserver was flat out cheesy:


The only thing I liked in this display was the rope door stopper:


Now these weights were right up my alley. Might have to get a small one for the guest room:


A little flashy, but I just love this lighthouse.


I try to stop into Goodwill at least twice a month to see what hidden treasures they might have. This weekend I found three lamps shades for under $10 TOTAL. The first two were really large drum shades (which Target sells for $25 a piece). One was in perfect condition and the other had a little stain in the back. I initially thought I would cover them, but they don't even need it. The shades are a little too large for the guest room, but I think these will be great for the master bedroom (whenever we get around to it).


The second shade I purchased as a test case for my map lamp. I've been dying to make one like this:


I picked up this little guy for $4.00...now if only I can find the map that I want.


My husband was still out of town on Saturday, so I opted to go to some estate sales. Brian has been wanting some antique surveying equipment for a while, but this thing was waaaay overpriced:


Also too expensive, but really cool piece:


Honestly, does this not make you laugh?


Super cool:


The man claimed this was made from a 'real whisky barrel':


Anyone in the market for a four poster bed? This was a steal:


So what did I buy? For a grand total of $4.00, I came home with this little green industrial box and two really old Spanish books used by a student at Georgia Tech.



I didn't discover the coolest part until I got home. Inside one of the books was an amazing drawing:


And two birthday cards and some class notes (Literature):


Georgia Tech was originally known as Georgia School of Technology. The name was changed sometime after World War II, so these books are pretty old!


Can't wait to see what I can find next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment