December 27, 2011

Weekend Recap: Christmas!

Brian and I spent Christmas in New York this year. I haven't celebrated Christmas with my family in two years, so this was extra special. On our first night we spent time with one of my best friends. Don't you love our dating pose? Devon is the man. :-) 


Saturday night (Christmas Eve) is the biggest celebration for Spaniards (and I think Italians too), so we all go to my aunt's house in NJ. My grandma celebrated her 88th birthday just a few days earlier!


Paella:


Food, wine and family - yes, please.


Cousins!



Christmas Day was laid-back and we had a few family members come over for dinner. I wish I got some pictures of the food - prime rib, turkey breast, roasted potatoes, broccoli raab and Yorkshire pudding. Yea, my mom rocks. One thing I miss the most is my mom's tree. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the popcorn strands take me waaaay back to be a kid and you can't hate her for loving tinsel:


This cracks me up. My parent's are obsessed with Camellias and they don't grow in New York. On their last trip down south they stole a branch from a plant we had in our backyard. This is the branch now:


Of course Brian and I made some time to stop by the Goodwill and see if they had any cool things for my parent's house. Strange thing I noticed - the Goodwill up there is way more expensive than the ones down here. We found this super cool movie projector, but it was $30. Ugh, no thanks.


The weekend would not be complete without visiting my handsome little godson. Ladies, watch out.


And finally, as we sat in bumper-to-bumper traffic on Rt. 6 (headed to the airport), I realized there are things about upstate New York that metro Atlanta just doesn't have...like mountains, big, rocky mountains:


Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays!




No comments:

Post a Comment