May 1, 2012

Weekend Recap

(I was supposed to post this yesterday, so let's just pretend it's Monday.)

I'm a bad, bad, blogger. Sorry about that. I'm trying to get the husband back on the house-fixing kick and I'm also trying to come up with a blogging-schedule of sorts. My first order of business is dedicating Mondays to talk about my weekends! And no, my social life is not really that exciting, but I'm still giving this a shot.

Saturday was quite a big day. I was really hoping to get over to the Inman Park Festival, and more importantly, the Inman Park Tour of Homes, but sadly, we just didn't have enough time! We did manage to get down to Inman Park for dinner at Barcelona. I won't give you a full review, but let's just say this: I'm Spanish. Naturally, I am picky about Spanish restaurants. I remember taking my parents to Cuerno when it opened in Atlanta and it was embarrassing. Barcelona really exceeded my expectations! Even the pulpo (octupus) was good - and that means a lot. Oh, the Patatas Braves were excellent.



After dinner, we headed off to see Rodrigo y Gabriela at the Tabernacle. First off, if you can see this show, see it NOW. It was a-mazing. Second, the Tabernacle is a great venue!


If that wasn't enough excitement, after the concert we met some friends in the Highlands for drinks at Neighbors. I'm still not sure how this happened, but we all ended up at the Majestic for some late night snacks and didn't go to bed until three a.m. I am way to old for 3 a.m.


Most people would have taken the rest of the weekend off, but no, not us. We were on a roll. And, there was no way I was missing the Taste of Marietta. I know every town has a 'taste of', but I promise you, Marietta's is the best. There were three or four different bands and tons of food. We went very late in the day, so it was really, really hot.


Well, that's all she wrote. Next weekend we might actually work on the house (gasp!), but I've promised that before...so let's see if I actually deliver.


No comments:

Post a Comment