June 17, 2012

Catching Up!


This is going to be a photo-heavy post...you've been warned. I realized the weekends have been flying by and random furniture pictures have been collecting on my iPhone, which can only mean that it's time to over-share!

First up is our trip to New York two weekends ago for my cousin's wedding.


Have I told you how much I hate Laguardia Airport? You would think with the high amount of taxes NYS accrues, they would be able to give it a makeover or something? Maybe I'm just spoiled by Hartsfield Jackson...

First stop was NYC to visit my mom at work and check out the terrace. How would you like to see this everyday?



Then it was back upstate. How cute are my parent's rabbits?


Check out my mom's roses - they are gorgeous:


Remember I talked about my mom's creativity here? Well, keep in mind that she can barely use the internet, so no Pinterest and no blogs...but how Pin-worthy is this?
  

Yes, its the wine press that I so badly wanted to steal, but how I can be mad when it looks so good in their garden?


On Friday we got to spend some really good quality time with my best friend Dawn and her kids Ryan and Hunter (my godson!)


Friday night we grabbed some dinner on the waterfront with Dawn and then stayed for some drinks and music. Get this? The band playing was a country band...you can't even make that up.



And what is a trip home without stopping at the ReStore? Even though the inventory was very thin, I found a few cool pieces. Check out this hutch - the lines are so modern and it was sixty five dollars!!



This one isn't exactly my style, but it was so pretty:


The following weekend, Brian and decided to go kayaking in Tennessee. Copperhill is just over the Georgia border and we found a super cheap kayak rental place.



The river is called Toccoa in GA and Ocoee when it runs through TN. We saw an otter, a dead river snake and a lot of rednecks. :)


On an unrelated note, the Euro Cup is currently going on...make sure you cheer for the right team!



No comments:

Post a Comment