November 28, 2011

Weekend Recap: St Louis

This weekend we went to visit my in-laws in St. Louis. Well...it's actually a suburb of STL, but you get the idea. We got to check out the Budweiser brewery, run a 5K and eat (a lot). Check out the photos:

The Budweiser Brewery (I learned that this tower is the second most photographed St. Louis landmark, after the Arch):


We were being goofballs in the gift shop before the tour:



My favorite part was getting to see the infamous Clydesdales:


Check out their stables:


At the end of the tour they give you two free beers (and pretzels!)


Thanksgiving morning we woke up early to run the Chesterfield Turkey Trot. Aside from walking through a mud field before even starting the race, it was really fun and I hope this can become a Thanksgiving tradition.


On Saturday morning we ran 4 miles on the Katy Trail, which is probably beautiful in the summer and fall (it was still nice when we saw it, even with leave-less trees):




Over in New York, my mom was busy cooking dinner for almost 30 people! Every year I am in charge of decorating the table, so it was great to be able to see pictures of the table that my mom worked on this year. I think it looks amazing!



In other news, my rope (for the mirror project) finally came in and guess what? I didn't order enough! I bought 9 feet and I needed 27 feet (don't ask where I went astray). I just reordered the remaining rope and hopefully I can have it completed by this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment