October 3, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was absolutely gorgeous and perfect fall weather. Early Saturday morning my company participated in the Alzheimer's Walk in memory of a co-worker who we lost several months ago.


It's been almost a week since my husband and I canceled cable. So far, I can easily say it's been one of the best decisions we've ever made. Instead of getting sucked into the television, it really forces us to talk more, read a book or, in my husband's case, play more guitar. Saturday night we listened to some new records that we picked up that day. This was my favorite!


Sunday was our big cleaning day and we decided to make a master list of all the stuff that's left to do around our house. Some things are big projects (build a deck, fix the retaining wall) and some are more 'weekend' jobs (hang new ceiling fans, finish the coffee table). Needless to say it was a bit overwhelming! 


The list seemed to give us a burst of motivation, because we got a few things done. Brian fixed a leak in our upstairs bathtub and ...

The blinds finally got installed in the kitchen. Now the neighbors don't have to watch me cook!



The desk hardware is all on! Now all I have to do is clean up the top and I will have an 'after' photo.


Not the most exciting weekend on the books, but productive nonetheless. Next week is our anniversary and we'll be on vacation in Cape Cod. Can't wait to share those pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment